Questions to ask
Once you have narrowed your selection of a neutral who might be right for your dispute, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What kind of conflict resolution work do you do?
- How do you describe your approach or methods?
- What kind of basic and advanced training have you had? When?
- What organizations sponsored the training?
- How long have you been doing this work?
- What is your fee schedule?
- How and when do you expect payment?
- Do you have experience handling this kind of dispute?
- Given what you know about my case, what specifics can you give me about how you can help me and/or the other party?
- What conflict resolution organizations are you affiliated with?